Thursday, August 20, 2015

The Front Entrance is Clean

Yesterday was a warm day with lots of sunshine. The high got to 33.8C or 93F. We did sit outside during the day and felt how warm it was. Even last night was warmer than usual.

Lifestyle

Yesterday my goal was to wash the floor in the area I just painted. I swept up the debris that was on the linoleum at the door and started to scrub and scrape. The flooring was 2 shades lighter than before and the water was dark brown.

005

I then cleaned up the painting tools, swept the floor and started to scrub it. It looks amazing now that it has had all the paint scraped off it and the layer of dirt removed. It literally shines.

004

Once done, I looked at where I am heading next - towards the kitchen. Really, there isn’t a lot of square footage left to do but there is a lot of cleaning to be done.

006

The Spousal Unit spent a lot of the day getting ready for tree removal day ~ Friday morning. The carport was a mess of items tossed in when we unpacked new furniture and demoed the basement kitchen.

Before

002

After

008

When it is cooler, we will load it all into the truck and take it to the landfill.

Sewing Room

I did play in the sewing room yesterday and tried the sewing machine cabinet in front of the closet. It does not work as I cannot cover the heat register. A big unhappy face. I will play with the layout though to see if I can get what I want.

Today, the goal is to move the BBQ, smoker, and other items to the cement sidewalk at the back of the house. It will then be out of the way for the aborist to remove the spruce tree at the back of the carport. Then we will move inside to do baseboards and other trim. Some needs to be painted, others pieces need to be primed, and some needs to be attached to the wall. Closet doors will go on and we will be happy campers.

Until tomorrow……………………….

No comments:

Post a Comment