Friday, August 14, 2015

An Easier Day

Yesterday it warmed up quickly and was 3C warmer at noon than the day before. We spent quite a bit of time in the morning cooling the house off, then closing all the windows and blinds. Our a/c didn’t come on until 11 a.m.  The high got to 37.5C or 99.5F. Today it is suppose to cool off some with rain this evening. Like lots of rain they say. We wait and see if it happens.

Lifestyle

I didn’t suffer too badly with overheating on Wednesday. I did hydrate a lot as I was dehydrated especially after sleeping 11 hours the night before. I also felt tired which is common for me after being over heated. I have to watch that I don’t stand out in the sun too long for a few days. I go between the car and stores if we are out and to limit my time outside when home.

After a bit of a slow start, I headed downstairs to paint. I put two coats of paint on the closet ceiling as the first coat was sucked in by the paint monsters. Then the baseboard and door trim was painted and finally half of the doors were done on said closet. I need the closet doors removed to finish them. It was almost lunch time so I cleaned up as I had to go out in the afternoon.

In the afternoon, I went and had my hair cut. The lady who shampooed my hair use to live in the house next to us. She moved out in May as she couldn’t afford the rent alone after her room mates left. After I got home the Spousal Unit and I did some shopping. It was a great end to the day. We were both tired and it was hot.

There was a thunderstorm during the early hours of yesterday morning - 3:30 a.m. One fire resulted from that about 30 km from us.  Another fire about 80 km from us also started. Both of them caused smoke to drift into the city in the late afternoon. There is enough smoke to make your eyes sting and you could smell it. We retired inside the house as my eyes started to water from the smoke.

We spent the evening with Elliott on the couch. He had to have the blanket on him and was happy to sleep with his head on my leg. He didn’t want to be petted or touched.

003

He slept there for a couple of hours before he left to go to bed.

Today, I will paint after I get the Spousal Unit’s stuff ready to go. I have to find his coat as we are under a heavy rain warning for tonight. As I am alone, I get to do what I want, when I want. Which won’t be much. Look after the pets, paint, and watch TV. I do get the loveseat to myself though. In a house with only one loveseat and a rocking chair, that is something to be joyous about.

Until tomorrow…………………….

No comments:

Post a Comment