This was suppose to be posted at 7 a.m. today and it didn’t happen. Sorry readers that it is late.
It was a successful day yesterday. Both of us were happy with what we accomplished.
The Spousal Unit worked in the storage room. He built a small wall out so he can insulate a cement corner. He also sealed all the leaks in that area. You can actually feel that room is warmer.
I spent a considerable amount of time in the sewing room working on the red satin top. I did the darts, put in the zipper and serged the seams. That was the easy part. The hard part was looking at the sheer and making sense of it.
I got one side of the back done. Then the texting started to get the rest of the back and the front done.
I was very nervous to do the front of the top but took a stab at it. Lots of texting later and it was done.
I put the maple leaves on the front. The larger one will be removed as it is too big. Only small ones will be on the front.
I have to glue down the sheer and then sew it in place. Once the sleeves are done, I will put on the crystals and finish the top.
I was mentally exhausted when I got the top to this point. I went upstairs, swept floors and mopped them up. When I got finished the floors, I bugged Elliott. I took a bow on an elastic and gave him a bow tie.
It was a good first day of 2013.